Conference Room Scheduler is a great new addition to WorkSight. Here Managers, Super Managers and employees (permission permitted) are able to make bookings according to the availability of conference rooms, as well as select attendees.
To navigate to Conference Room Scheduler, you will simply select the Conference Room Scheduler that is available on the Main Toolbar.
Account permission is set through the modules within the Admin Settings.
The following levels are available to personnel:
- Owner: Has full access to Conference Room Scheduler.
- Employees, Managers and Super Managers with the view and modify all events in conference room scheduler permission disabled are able to view all events (an event not created by the super manager is displayed in grey while an event created by the super manager or to which the super manager has been invited is displayed in color.
- Employees, Managers and Super Managers with the view and modify all events in conference room scheduler permission enabled have full access to Conference Room Scheduler.
Managers and Super Manager require the following setting to be activated in order for them to have access to edit events:
Employees require the permission to be activated within their personal profile in order for them to have access to edit events
The monthly Display will display all the bookings made for the conference rooms listed for that month .
This view will display all the scheduled conference bookings listed for that week. The full display will show all hours from 12:00am – 11:00pm
This view will display all the scheduled conference bookings listed for that day. The full display will show all hours from 12:00am – 11:00pm
From the month selector to the top right you are able to select the month required for the viewing and booking of conference rooms.
To create a new conference room to be used within the scheduler select Create a new conference room under the Add a conference room section.
Add a title and a description for the conference room.
You are able to use the color picker to select the required color for meetings related to the specific conference room.
Once you have completed adding the conference room details; you can save the selected conference room by clicking on Save conference room.
A brief pop up will appear advising that the conference room has been added.
Selecting a Conference Room:
To view events associated to a specific conference room, navigate to the Filter by conference rooms drop down on the page. All the conference rooms that you have added will be listed below.
Select the check box and select Apply.
Deleting a Conference Room:
To delete a conference room navigate to the Remove conference rooms drop down on the page. Select a conference room and click delete.
- If the conference room has events associated to it, a message should show informing the user that the selected conference room cannot be deleted as it has events associated to it.
- If the conference room does not have events associated to it, confirmation message will display, informing the user that the conference room has been removed successfully.
There are 2 event booking types:
The first type of event is Specify Time (for specific times: as an example an hour booking from 8:00 am to 9:00 am)The second type of event is All Day (for a specific date: as an example for the entire day on 13 October 2016)
All fields are mandatory:
Start Time: Select the required start time for the meeting. By selecting the clock icon, a drop down will be available for easy selection.
- Hours: Select the meeting duration (hours)
- Minutes: Select the meeting duration (additional minutes) e.g: 15 min, 30 min, 45 min.
Start Date: Select the date on which the conference room will be required. By clicking on the calendar icon, a date selector drop down will be made available.
Available Conference Room: All available conference rooms will be displayed in the available conference room drop down. Select one of the available options to book the conference room.
Attendees: When you start typing out the attendee’s name, the names of all employees with the name/surname will be displayed. You are able to select multiple attendees for the meeting.
Meeting Summary: Create a short summary of the meeting; this will be displayed upon hovering over the meeting once it has been created.
The saved booking is displayed on your calendar along with other events created by other users
Should you select any of the set bookings you will be able to edit and update the booking as required, if your view and modify boardroom scheduler event permission has been enabled for you:
To delete an event simply select the event and drag it to the Drag-n-drop box.
Once you have dropped your unwanted event a pop up will be displayed for you to confirm / cancel accordingly.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.