Within the TimeTracker tab, you are able to select the required time tracking settings that are essential to your companies profile.
Navigation to Company Settings
Home > Account Settings > Time & Attendance > Company Settings
Understanding the TimeTracker Options:
- Activate time tracking utilities for personnel – Enables an employee to use a computer to clock in and out provided there is an internet connection. They will also have the ability to clock in and out for breaks. (This is controlled by IP restriction)
- Activate usage of mobile devices for remote time tracking - Allow employees to login to WorkSight using mobile devices (Android, iOS, etc. This does not enable employees to clock in/out, as that setting is controlled on a per-employee basis and is setup under an employee's general preferences).
- Enable Auto Job Association based on Department? -“Enable this option to auto associate a job to an employee based on his department.
- Require time entries to be approved by personnel - Enables personnel to approve their times before a manager finalizes a payroll for a particular department.
- Allow Payroll export with personnel unapproved Time Entries? If this option is enabled, export will be allowed for a payroll containing the unapproved entry.
- Display timecard on employee's dashboard - Shows the times an employee has worked during their current pay period on their dashboard.
- Allow Timesheet overrides?
- Disable Timesheet upload override for blank break submission?I
- If the timesheet imported entries are without breaks and the original entry had breaks, the imported entry should indicate the original total break duration.
- If the timesheet imported entry does not override any entries it will be highlighted in red, indicating that it will not be imported.
- Display Wage in timecard - This option will calculate how much money the employee has earned during this pay period.
- Do not allow time sheet entry if day off request and time entry is greater than “[ X ]” Hrs
- Show SSN in payroll status - Some payroll companies require SSN instead of employee ID numbers. When this is enabled the system will search through the employee's in the given payroll and notify the manager if any employee's don't have a SSN in the system.
- Disable auto sign-out - Every employee will automatically sign-out after they clock in/out or begin/end break. When you select this setting it will no longer automatically sign them out. Please beware we do not advise this if you have multiple overrides or employees using the same computer to clock in and out.
- Show Quick Tools - N/A
- Show Notes in the "Print all time sheets” Page - This allows you to view notes about this entry in the time sheets page.
- View piece rate in time entry - Piece-rate pay gives a payment for each item produced – it is therefore the easiest way for a business to ensure that employees are paid for the amount of work they do. Piece-rate pay is also sometimes referred to as a “payment by results” system.
- Jobs on the fly for SMS or time clocks - This feature allows you to select a job when tracking time via SMS clock in or using time clock on the fly.
- Enable Supervisor Approval - If you have supervisors approving time for employees, this feature sets a permission that the supervisor has to approve the time entry before a payroll can be finalized.
- Show time entry errors to employees - Allows employees to view previous errors in their punches. If an employee worked over the excessive time threshold or forgot to clock out one day the system would show an “Excessive Time Entries” error on the errors tab on the home page. The employee would then know to speak to a manager to get the entry fixed.
- Allow duplicate employee numbers - This allows you to assign an employee number to more than 1 employee.
- Notify personnel on time entry approval - Works in conjunction with the "Require time entries to be approved by personnel" checkbox. If that is selected, this option will also notify the employees upon logging in that they need to approve their entries.
- Require re-approval of time entries if modified after initial approval - If a time entry is modified after initial approval, the system will again ask to approve the time entry.
- Disable managers’ ability to add duplicate day off entries - Managers will not be able to create duplicate entries.
- Do not allow time entries for exported payrolls - User will not be able to add new time entries for the specific payroll if this payroll has been exported.
- Allow time entries created by super managers for exported payrolls - Allows new time entries to appear for the specific payroll if added by a super manager after being exported.
- Allow time entries for unfinalized payrolls - This option will allow time entries to be added if the report is unfinalized
Flagging Time & Standard Time Format
- Highlight breaks in timesheet after " X " mins. - This highlights breaks on an employee's timesheet if they exceed the number of minutes entered. Use '0' if you do not want to use this feature.
- Allow ‘Break IN’ & Allow ‘Clock OUT’ - These settings work on the same premise. They allow you to set a parameter:
- The employee can only clock out for break after a certain amount of time while being clocked in for work. T
- The employee can only clock out after certain amount of time while being clocked in for work.
- Activate Paid Break –
- Automatically calculate breaks - Checking this option will remove the option to manually start a paid break. When a break is ended, the system will determine whether it was a paid or unpaid break based on the settings below
- “ X ” Maximum hours per paid break
- Manually Calculate breaks - Checking this option will give the employee the option to start a paid or unpaid break.
- " X " Maximum breaks in a day as paid break. - Use this input field to flag the maximum number of hours an individual "should" be tracking time. If a user surpasses this time limit, their time entry will be flagged and displayed in red for you to review (and modify if so desired) when you login to the system.
- X " Hours tracked per time entry before flagged - This setting flags entries that go over the specified number of hours. If you have an 8 hour work day then you might use 9 hours in this field. Any employee whose time entry goes over 9 will have that time entry flagged. The flagged entries appear on the manager's homepage as seen in the screen shot below.
- " DATE " Start Date for tracking excessive time - This options works with the "Hours tracked..." option above. If you want to flag time entries as of a specified date, fill that date in here.
- Time entry rounding options - In certain circumstances, the Department of Labor (DOL) allows for time entry rounding of 1/10th hour or 1/4 hour rounding. For specific details please consult your HR advisor.
- Round break time - This will automatically round break times according to the time entry rounding option set in the above preference. WARNING: ROUNDING BREAK TIMES IS NOT PERMITTED BY THE DOL.
- Enable Shift difference - Please contact a representative if you or your company are interested in enabling this option.
- Time display format - Here you can adjust how the employee's see their time format. Set it to either on 24-hour format (military time), or 12-hour format.
- Export wages in payroll export – When enabling this option, wages can be exported in payroll.
Salaried exempt personnel default time entry “ X ”
Salaried non-exempt personnel default time entry “ X ”
Shift differential time “ X ”
Many times organizations will need to track time towards salaried personnel for a variety of reasons. This creates a challenge since many times these personnel do not track time with a conventional time tracking method such as the TimeTracker. By using these default time entry fields, each time a payroll is created and exported, the amount entered will be applied towards these individuals.
- Allowed IP addresses for remote time tracking - If you have activated TimeTracking utilities you will need to input the IP addresses from the computers that employees will use when clocking in and out. To find the IP address you can use a site like ipchicken.com (WorkSight is not affiliated with and does not endorse content of such sites). Once you have the IP address you will enter it in to one of the boxes, as seen below.
The security that WorkSight uses to keep employees from clocking in off site is controlled by the Allowed IP addresses. If you log into your account from your network, the red numbers represent the IP address of your network to the outside world. Once that number is placed in one of the boxes, anyone “inside” of that address will be allowed to clock in. You may add up to 12 IP addresses. Placing an asterisk (*) at the end of the set allows for a range of IP addresses. Please contact your network administrator for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.